Banos Familia

A place to gather events, ideas and family...all in one place, while we are far away

Monday, May 12, 2008

More Mother's Day 2008

Here are a few more pictures from the delicious Mother's Day dinner.
Dama would have been so proud of Aunt Margot's incredible igloo cake.
The picture does not do it justice people...it was a sight to behold:


not to mention, absolutely divine. Aunt Margot actually made the whipped cream herself. I am telling you, you can taste the difference, this was no Cool Whip. As you can see from the picture, this is a very complex dessert, one that I would never dare to attempt.

The table, beautiful as always.


Catherine and Lucy on the front porch:



In other news, I recently learned about an impromptu PWAC CC brunch two weeks ago in NYC. Sarah was there visiting Mary so they got together with Molly, Little Luis and Casey. Everyone had a great time but nobody took a picture!!!

What else, it seems like there are about 10 graduations - okay, I am exaggerating a little. Here's what I have been able to keep track of and I apologize if I am missing something - Jane, Laura, Baker, Catherine - all graduating. Austin is getting his wings sometime in June (13th maybe?). Richmond recently defended his thesis and will spend the next year writing his dissertation (I think I have this right) - before all of that happens - however - he is off to do outdoorsy stuff for the summer. Jonathan and Jen are now living in St. Louis but will probably be back and forth a bit for wedding-related planning. Josh just got back from Russia. I have a link to his pictures from that trip and will attempt to set it up so you can check them out. Betsy and Dan just returned from Argentina - the highlight of that trip was apparently the time they spent drinking wine in Mendoza. I guess that was the best part - stands to reason. After graduation Catherine is traveling around a bit and is then headed to Albuquerque. I am sure there is much more news out there - just let me know and I will post it.

I hope to see some of you out at Thib over Memorial Day Weekend. Molly will be in town (she managed to fit in a quick break between shows) and we are REALLY looking forward to lounging around by the newly-refurbished pool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home