Banos Familia

A place to gather events, ideas and family...all in one place, while we are far away

Sunday, November 26, 2006

We Should Have Made A T-shirt

I always joke about how sometimes when we all gather together for holidays we should make a t-shirt to commemorate the event. The t-shirt would come in handy for those still in college who don't have much money to spend on clothing, it would give the old men another shirt to do some yard work in and would spare me and the rest of the girls the trouble of having to come up with something comfortable yet fashionable to wear to Thanksgiving dinner. So, I think next year I am going to do my best to have t-shirts for everyone.

Thanksgiving weekend in Thibodaux was lovely but we really missed those of you who could not be with us. The weather was absolutely incredible from Wednesday until Sunday. It was cool enough to feel like proper Thanksgiving weather but not so cold that you didn't want to go outside. Really my only complaint with respect to how it felt outside is that the mosquitos were awful. It was ridiculous. See the picture of Lucy below for the proof.



The Vaicius family spent most of the weekend recovering from a week-long cold that went from Lucy to Chrisitian and then to me. I think the Poitevents were dealing with some stuffy noses and other ailments as well. By the end of the weekend I think Papa George and the Walgreens pharmacist were on a first name basis after all of the prescriptions he had to call in.

We all gathered together at the big house for Thanksgiving dinner at around 4. As always, Aunt Margot had completely transformed the big house into the most inviting retreat imaginable. Candles, fall foliage, and the smell of all of the delicious food made for a most enjoyable evening together.

Here's a picture of Lucy and Edward during the blessing. I realize it is probably not polite to snap pics during grace but I couldn't resist.



Having Lucy and Edward together for the weekend was definitely the highlight, even if they didn't communicate much. It was worth it just for the opportunity to see GG and Papa George holding the great-grandbabies.





It was also a nice treat to have all the Foxes around this year. For those of you who were not there, you would not believe how old Susan's kids are! I wish I had a picture (Jane or Becky, if you have one, send it to me and I will post it with their permission).

Big Laura was also in attendance (I think this was her third Thanksgiving out at White and, I hope, a tradition that will continue). She had a wonderful time and, as usual, tried to pass off fake words during the nightly scrabble matches and was even busted trying to hide an "F" in one round. Here's a picture I took busting her enjoying her ciggy while she waits for Papa George and GG to take her to mass:



Uncle George made a great bonfire Thursday night. It was perfect because it got pretty cold. I didn't last long outside becuase of my sore throat but we at least managed to get Lucy out there for her first bonfire experience:





I hope that all of you who could not be with us had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Start thinking about t-shirt designs and themes for next year. I am thinking Thanksgiving 2007 - Eat, Drink, and be a Banos.

1 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jules- I think the t-shirt idea sounds great! Can we get them in mini size for the babies too? Thanks so much for recording our weekends together so we can have our memories all in one place. We'll see you all again in just a few weeks-
xo
Betsy and Edward

 

Post a Comment

<< Home